The local Nelson Bay and Port Stephens restaurants offer variety and quality in food and an atmosphere of very friendly service.
Food styles at the local restaurants cover just about anything you can imagine from Asian cuisine to fresh local seafoods.
Many of the Nelson Bay and Port Stephens restaurants have won awards for their cuisine and service and come highly recommended for dinner dining:
Dining Out at Night in Nelson Bay
For casual holiday dining while on the NSW North Coast, these BYO restaurants are only a short walk from Nelson Bay Getaway:
- Sandpipers BYO Restaurant Ph: 4884 9990
- The Rock Lobster Seafood Restaurant Ph: 4981 1813
- Zest Licensed & BYO Restaurant Ph: 4984 2211 BYO
- The Point Restaurant (Soldiers Point) Ph: 4984 7111
- Moonshadow Cruises - great seafood spread, entertainment and dancing Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings Ph: 4984 9388
It is a good idea to make a restaurant dinner reservation when staying at Nelson Bay Getaway on weekends and holidays.
- Malai Thawng Thai Restaurant - Shop 10, 35 Stockton St Nelson Bay Ph: 4981 0044
- The Only Place - Indian cuisine 17 Stockton St Nelson Bay Ph: 4984 4414
- Casa de Oro - Spanish, Donald Street Nelson Bay. 49813232
- Café Rosti - Swiss flavour, upstairs, 47 Donald Street Nelson Bay.
- And for the ultimate in casual - take the ferry to Tea Gardens, walk one block back from the pub to The Pie Man - open 24hrs a day (handy if you are boating). The Oysters Kilpatrick pies are to die for! For less than $5 you get a taste of Heaven
And if you would like to enjoy that special wine you purchased at Port Stephens Winery or further afield in the Hunter Valley wine district of New South Wales, check that the restaurant you have booked is BYO.
BBQ and Picnic on Nelson Bay Beaches
The number one recommendation for lunch at Port Stephens and Nelson Bay is a BBQ or picnic in one of the many parks or at any of the beaches. Dutchies Beach, just a few minutes away from your accommodation, is a favourite for the shady lawn which runs down to a sandy beach and crystal clear water.
For the best view in town, it's hard to beat lunch at the Inner Light Tea Rooms - at the original lighthouse keeper's cottage (1875), atop Nelson Head on the NSW North Coast.
Make a day trip to the Hunter Valley and enjoy lunch in the magnificent surroundings of the vineyards, or try one of the many winery restaurants in the Hunter Valley wine country.
If you like to eat breakfast out, then try Cs at Little Beach Marina Nelson Bay Ph: 4981 1492.
Local seafood is a speciality of many Nelson Bay restaurants
North Coast NSW Seafood
Picnic on a North Coast beach or in the Hunter Valley countryside.